Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cows in Poland

Cows show in Poland---I get on stage to do my pre show shit like tape up the mic and make sure everything else is in order, we where playing some tiny little club in Paznan Poland, the Cows song: 'Allergic to my self' was in regular rotation on Polish MTV (yes that's right, truth is stranger then fiction..) Any rate I get up on stage in front of all these polish mother fuckers and as soon as they see me a group of about 25 dudes start chanting "NIGGER, NIGGER, NIGGER!" at me...What the fuck! So how do you handle this? Apparently I'm the first black dude they had ever seen or some shit. Obviously the same rules of racial etiquette don't apply in Paznan as they do in maybe…..Minneapolis or in any other place I had been at that point.
So I get on the Mic and say in my most jovial announcer voice "YOU GUY'S LOOK LIKE LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF DUMB POLLACKS!"…Crowd goes wild!!! With applause and cheers…I think Hmmmmm that was weird…Show goes on with out a hitch.

Apparently there was some rap song on the radio at the time from a Swedish Hip hop group and the chorus is Nigger, Nigger, Nigger and that was the only English any of those dudes knew…huh.

No comments: