Thursday, February 15, 2007

Elevator in Texas

I was in Texes with a band, it was it was etheir Houston or Dallas (not that it really matters) we where staying in a super 8 by the airport, and not a good Super 8 but one that was probobly built in the early 60's and cost about 35$ a room...Anyrate as always with the Melvins the band arrived first and checked into threre rooms before Thomas (backline, Truck driver) and I showed up. The hotel was one of those 4 story hotels with a "balconey" and a "courtyard" (super 8 guide book) in the middle actually it was public hallway surrounding the parking lot. When Thomas and I arrived and Buzz was leaning over the balconey yelling down at us "SJFHSJFHGKJSRGRGBS!!! "WHAT?" we yelled "SDJHFLKAGDSGSDFG!!! "HUH" we yelled again "SFBLGBDJFGHDFJGHDF!!!! "FUCK JUST A SECOND". We grabbed our shit and found the elevator. We got in and it raised about 3/4 of a floor and there was a huge bang and it felt like it dropped about five feet and slammed to a halt, Thomas and I where trying to maintain not being alarmed it started moving again and it banged up the rest of the shaft slamming grinding and dropping. Finally we reached the 4th floor and the doors opened and there was buzz and a few more of the band's entourge waiting for us both Thomas and I where visibly shaken and had massive fear in our eyes. I looked at buzz and said "FUUUUCK...What the fuck did you say?" He Said "DON'T USE THE ELEVATOR! IT'S NOT SAFE"

I Actually took the Elevator a couple more times that night each time feeling like I riding a horse and it never actually dropped I had faith in the Texes Elevator inspectors that had approved this device.

No comments: